We have very few rules and we want our members to enjoy and be safe on every ride with us. To enable our rides to run smoothly and safely we simply ask the following:
1. Helmets are compulsory.
2. Riders under 16 must be accompanied by an adult or have written parental consent. Please ask for a form if one is required.
3. Please do not overtake the ride leader. This just causes the pace to increase causing those at the back of the group to struggle. Our rides are social rides. If the pace is too slow for you then you are on the wrong ride.
4. Should you wish to leave the ride, please let a ride leader know you are leaving the group.
5. Please don't overlap wheels with the rider in front. This can lead to accidents. If you have never ridden in a group before then please let a ride leader know and they will be happy to talk you through safe practices.
6. All riders must adhere to the rules of the road. Those failing to do so will be asked to leave the group.
7. Please remember, our ride leaders are volunteers and don't necessarily work for Proper Cycling and Coffee. Although happy to help with any problems or to offer advice they are 'off duty' during the ride. It's their club too. Many Thanks.